Hi everyone!
We made it! We're 34 weeks and still pregnant! Why's that significant you ask? 34 weeks marks the point where the long-term complications of being premature are nearly zero. He's still small (about 5 lbs) but he's sure strong! My bedrest restrictions have been somewhat lifted and I've been so excited to get up and do some light housework. Unfortunately, I've been so short of breath and utterly exhausted (now that I'm 34 weeks!) that I'm almost confined to the couch anyways!! How frustrating! Trevor took me for a very short walk outside last night (just to the mail box 2 houses away!) and it was wonderful to be outside. I attempted to do some housework today (cleaning the living room, sweeping the kitchen) and after not even an hour I needed a nap! So not fair! There's still a lot to do, but I'm hoping I'll still have the time to do it. Mom Finley is coming down tomorrow to help with some of the preparations and I'm just so excited to have company... and to have it be my mom is even better! We'd be just as excited if it were any of you! We have our first baby shower this weekend too. The church is having one for us, although I feel that all the meals they've provided for us the last few weeks has been more than enough. I've never been to a shower before the baby's born...? I'm learning that it's the way things are done out here. Seems kinda weird doesn't it? I thought the point was to show off the baby?
Anyways, that's about all the news I got for you today. Our crib is supposed to arrive today, so we can hopefully pick it up this weekend and get that put together. I've been doing a lot of crocheting and have done a couple hats and almost finished a blanket and a bunting bag. I was just using some old yarn I had in the basement.... and I ran out before I could finish the hood on the bunting bag! I'll have to do some digging and see if I can find anymore... that or improvise and make it hood-less!
Hope you're all doing well. I'll post more pictures when we get the crib set up.
Love you all!
Allison (and Trevor)
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear from you!