Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hi guys!
No pictures today, sorry. Just wanted to post an update since we were reminded while at home that we haven't posted for a very long time! We made it home safely for Christmas despite weather and baby concerns and had a great time with all of you while we were there. We were sad to leave, but excited to continue settling into our new house. Unfortunately, now that I'm on bedrest it means that Trevor is doing most (all!) of the work. I'm really luck to have him, but I do worry about him getting burnt out. He's back to work this week but had Wednesday afternoon and Thursday all day off for the New Year so he did get to catch up on a bit of rest (in between shovelling snow!) He hasn't been too busy since coming back from holidays, but we're not too sure how much to worry about that. If this little guy's coming in the next 3 weeks it may not be worth him taking on too many clients! We're very lucky out here to have found a wonderful church and they have been very supportive of us as we go through all this.

I've been feeling pretty good. We had another ultrasound to check how things were going early in the week when we returned home. I was a bit disheartened to learn that things had progressed even further, despite being on bedrest. The baby weighed 3lb and 12oz on Tuesday and we go back again this Monday to check again. The doctor told us we need to get through these next 3 critical weeks to avoid the baby having to go to the intensive care unit. If we can make it that far, the baby is much safer, although she cautioned us that we're losing ground. I'm near tears with boredom right now..... but I'm learning to be a bit more creative with what I can do from the couch. Work has given me a laptop as well for a while so I can at least do some internet shopping for baby things (thanks for the suggestion Krystal!). If I can get some articles printed and charts from the office brought to the house I can at least keep up with my research! I've even tried to get the hospital to speakerphone the weekly lectures... I must be pretty bored... I'm not normally that keen!

The house faired pretty well while we were away. We did notice however that we were missing a large chunk of shingles! They were here to fix it on Monday, before I even had the chance to call them. They're pretty good at watching out for our shingles! There are still quite a few things to be done around the house, but it'll get done soon enough.

I hope this finds you all well and recovered from the holidays!

Miss you all already!
Allison (and Trevor)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!