Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Ocean Floor

Hello! For all of you who ventured out to the lake this weekend, we hope you had better weather than we did! Aunty, I saw some of the pictures, and you were the most beautiful bride! And it looks like you got beautiful weather too. I'm so happy for the both of you.

We didn't luck out with weather this weekend. Saturday was cool and cloudy and today was pouring rain! Yesterday we decided to go for a drive and do some touring. We made our way down the Fundy coast and stopped at Hopewell Rocks. We went at low tide so that we could walk on the ocean floor! It was so incredibly cool! The rocks are huge! They're called the Flower Pot Rocks because they look like giant flower pots with trees and grass growing on top. If you go at high tide, you can kayak around the tops of the rocks. There's a bunch of pictures below, I'm not sure I'll need to explain too much more. It's breathtaking. You'll see in some of the pictures some blackish-green hairy stuff... it's seaweed! We hope you'll all have a chance to experience it too!

After our adventure we were pretty hungry so we went out for our first seafood meal. Trevor had ribs and 1/2 a lobster (they literally cut it in half!) and I had steak and shrimp. It was pretty good... Trevor liked the lobster.... I didn't! It's Atlanticade this weekend in Moncton (Atlantic Canada's largest motorcycle rally), so there was a lot going on around town. There was live music at the restaurant we were at (out on the patio). After our meal we went for a walk around Main Street and looked at all the bikes. There were a bunch of bands playing along the way, and some of them were really good! The bikes were neat too. Alot of different kinds and colours! Dustin, Aunty Reeny, and Bryan, I really wished I had my camera.

Today we just did some housecleaning since it's the last weekend before I start work. Hope you're all rested! Here's the pictures we promised!

Love you all!
Allison and Trevor























No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!