It was a scorcher this week. Everyone told us that the heat was different out here. I'd like to liken it to Mexico! It was 37 degrees with the humidity most of the week. Today we decided to take a relaxing day and spent the afternoon at the beach. We went to Parlee Beach just outside of Shediac (Wayne, we finally made it!). It was the perfect day for a beach day. The weater was tepid (mid 20's) and there was a wonderfully cool breeze off the water. We didn't go in much, just enough to get our feet wet. It was like bath water! Maybe not as warm as the Gulf of Mexico... but warmer than Turtle or Chitek for sure! We decided with such a beautiful ocean beach only 20 minutes away we should make a habit of it and go once a week. I'm not sure where we'll fit in our weekly golf game though! Trevor took some pictures of the beach to share with you all. We would have loved to have you all there roasting with us!


It was my first full week at work and it went pretty well. I'm in the Emergency Department which means shift work and after 2 days and 2 nights, I'm exhausted! I slept most of the evening yesterday and right through to lunch today! I hope I'm all caught up 'cause I work early tomorrow morning too. Thankfully they jammed all my shifts into 2 weeks, which means I have 2 weeks after that with only 1 shift/week. I'm really looking foward to those two weeks!
Trevor's really been enjoying his work. He was offered a chance to go up north somewhere to do some fitness training with the EMT's in August. He's looking forward to it. Here's a picture of his work. It looks like a house on the outside... (just like many other business in the maritimes) but it's a really nice and modern clinic on the inside!


Hope you're all enjoying your summer. I hope it gets a bit dryer out there for those of you in Saskatoon. We'll keep you posted if we have any news about a house. Right now we're at a bit of a standstill.
Love,
Allison and Trevor
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear from you!