Austin got his first potty last week. We were getting tired of all the laundry he was creating and thought we'd try putting him on the potty when he starts working on a masterpiece. So far he's gone twice, but neither were masterpieces! He just loves sitting on the potty though, so we'll keep putting him on it for now. We're saving diapers.... but so far not saving any laundry! He seems to be growing before my eyes. I swear a sleeper will fit before he goes to bed and be far too small by the time he wakes up! This morning I put him in a diaper shirt that's size 6-9 months! It's a little big, but no where near as big as I thought it would be. He started playing with toys a bit this week, which makes our days go by a bit faster. He wants so badly to sit on his own and he tries really hard. Thank goodness we got a soft bed this time around, because he takes spills regularly!
We've been enjoying our new furniture, especially our dining room. I'm still in the process of sorting out clothes to put in the dressers, but I'm so glad to finally have a bedroom that looks like a bedroom. Austin and I spend a lot of our day on our new bed. It's like one giant playmat, and it's right up to the window. We've been looking at books (Chicka Chicka Boom Boom...it's got colourful pictures.... and I've already got it memorized!) and playing with a few toys. Mostly we sit up and look out the window until he falls over and then we try again! We put a mirror in the car for him to look at since he loved the one in the back of Krystal and Jason's SUV. It took him a while to find it, but I just burst out laughing in the middle of running errands last week when I thought he was sleeping and all of a sudden heard "Eeeee!" and baby giggles from the back seat. When I went to get him out he was still laughing and making faces at his new friend. Now he finds this friend pretty quickly everytime we get in the car!
I'm trying a few videos again. I woke up on Mother's Day to Trevor explaining to Austin what day it was. He caught some of it on video before I came down. We spent the day relaxing and then doing a lot of cleaning getting 2 bedrooms ready (ours and the one that was inheriting our old bed). Now when you come visit you'll have a real bed to sleep on! The two boys made me breakfast and supper too.... and gave me a beautiful jewlery box and a Midnight Truffle Blizzard Cake! I was a very lucky mom!
Here's the pictures and the videos... and as promised.... pictures of our furniture!
Our bedroom. We still don't have much for King-sized bedding yet... baby steps!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear from you!