Friday, May 22, 2009

Growing, Growing, Growing!

Our little munchkin is no longer so little! He had his 3 month check this past wednesday and.... ready? He's 15lb 11oz?! He's not supposed to double his birthweight until 6 months and he's only 1lb away from it already! He must get up to snack at night without me knowing about it! I'll have to put a lock on the refrigerator. He's 24 1/4 inches long... so not growing as quickly vertically as he is horizontally!

We've had a busy week with the house. They came to replace our cracked hardwood this week meaning we had 2 days of crazy loud banging. Austin and I spent the first day shopping, but the second day had to stick at home because they were grading our lot all day. We thought we could keep him outside to avoid the noise inside, but the bulldozer wasn't much quieter... and it was 30+ degrees outside.... way to hot for the both of us, even in the shade! Needless to say he got very little sleep during the day (but slept like a log at night!) and he's been making up for it most of the day yesterday and today. We're working on getting topsoil in soon and then the grass seed... I can't wait! It'll be so nice to have a yard.

We had another really hot day out yesterday, so we stuck inside and turned the airconditioner on.... briefly... it's really cold! If this is what the entire summer is going to be... I'll turn into a hermit! Mom and Dad Finley have booked their flights for mid-July and we're already starting to count down the days. Hopefully it'll stay nicer than last August! A heads up for anyone coming in August... last year we had maybe 3 or 4 days without rain... it was terrible... but July was ridiculously hot! And we may be up for the same again. At least this time I have AC! I've already started looking into places we want to travel this summer. I found an aquarium in northern NB that I just can't wait to go see. It'll have to be a weekend trip but it'll be so worth it! They don't have dolphins or whales, but they do have a lot of seals! We also plan to do the lobster cruise this summer since I was too 'sick' to do it last year. Trevor's been getting excited to start fishing and found a couple guys in the church he's hoping to go with.

We went for a walk down by the river this morning since it was so nice out. We had to be up early to take the car in (if I hear another wheel bearing I'll scream!) We snuck around the 'trail closed' signs and walked anyways... and all of a sudden heard a loud noise... the tidal bore came in! I know it's not as spectacular as they say it used to be... but for a couple prairie folks, it was still pretty exciting. It was so nice out and we weren't the only ones enjoying the morning. We saw nearly a dozen mallards, some geese, and about a million seagulls. We did a bit of shopping and have now retired to the house for the rest of the day. I caught a nap earlier and now the boys are both sleeping on the couch.

Here's just a few pictures to make this post worth reading!

Austin's favorite bath toy... the mirror!


Hiding outside away from the man with the hammer....


Our neighborhood bulldozer (and baby tree killer!)


The soon to be backyard! The cubby-hole behind the garage will be our patio.




Talk to you all soon... and for those of you in Saskatchewan... our sympathies on the weather! But hope you're enjoying the warmth today!
Love and miss you all!
Allison, Trevor, and the big man... Austin!

1 comment:

  1. HI!

    Great shots. I'll have to send you mine soon...I haven't gotten around to getting them onto my computer yet....not my new computer anyway!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!