Not much to add today, but just thought we'd update you all on the house. I spent most of the afternoon on Friday with the electrician trying to decide where to put switches and plug-ins and lights. What a lot of (seemingly minor!) decisions to make! I can't remember if I've told you guys, but the framers completely framed our 'unfinished' basement according to our original plans. They had wanted to charge us close to 3K to do the framing for 3 rooms so we thought we'd just do it ourselves... Imagine our surprise to find it done last week! I doubt they'll tear it out... and I know we're not paying for it. What was really nice, since it was framed, the electrician will do the rest of the wiring for the basement (which we would have had to pay for him to come back to do it later).
I spoke with the realestate agent who spoke with the contractor yesterday. They're still hoping to have everything for the end of October, but there's been a huge delay on the windows and doors. If they come in this week, we'll probably still stay to our schedule. If they don't we're going to be a bit delayed. The contractor's going to help with our expenses if that ends up being the case (thankfully!).
We did some more shopping today. Last weekend we went to Halifax and did some clothes and early Christmas shopping. It was a very long day, but how nice to get out and do something new. Today we scoped out the fall sales and came away with stellar deals on... a lawnmower and BBQ. The lawnmower is a Black and Decker Electric mower that we got for nearly 1/2 price and the BBQ.... is still sitting at WalMart... it wouldn't fit in the car! We're going to try to borrow a van next week to bring it home. I can't remember what the brand was, but I know that it's really big! It was a really good deal too... and I sure can't wait to grill some steaks when we move in! We haven't had BBQ since we left the prairies. Mmmm... my mouth is watering already! Since we (hopefully) move in in only a few more weeks, we're going to leave everything in it's boxes and set it up later. It'll be easier to move the boxes.
Trevor's been really busy with work. He's now involved with one of the highschools, so the football season is keeping him occupied (and the injuries!) He's found a hockey team that sounds promising that he may play with this winter. The season starts in October and I know he's looking forward to lacing up the skates. I'm almost finished in Amherst, and as much as I've enjoyed/loved my time there, it'll be nice to be closer to home. I start my orthopedic surgery rotation on Wednesday and on Thursday I head out for a resident retreat in St. Andrews at a huge, gorgeous resort on the water. It'll be a nice getaway... but I'm almost tired of getting away!
Hopefully this finds you all well. We're thinking of and missing all of you.
Love,
Allison and Trevor
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear from you!