Hi guys! We're sorry it's taken so long to post this time. I've been on call every second day for the last week and the time that's in-between, I've just been too exhausted. It's been a very busy week for Trevor too. He and his boss went up to Tracadie, and Acadian villiage, to run a training camp for the soon-to-be firefighters and to do their fitness testing. He had a blast and was very impressed by the scenery. His boss took him out for lunch and supper and he was so excited to have all the seafood he could handle! I hope he enjoyed it, because we won't be cooking seafood around the house for quite some time :) My stomach can't handle the smell!
The work on our house has slowly been coming along, despite all the rain. We've had cloudy skies with most days bringing rain since the week before August long! We really miss the beach and golfing. On the bright side, though, we got the chance to do some shopping and purchased most of our appliances for the house. We're still short a washer and dryer, but we'll wait until we can get a better deal on them too. We've also seemed to have found a friend. She's super nice and has the most gorgeous hair I've ever seen/felt. And the affection! It's like she's never had a friend before. I've posted a picture below to show her off. Don't worry..... we think she's only temporary. I'm pretty sure she's a hobo and won't stay in one place forever. But we'll sure enjoy her while she's here!
We meet with our interior decorator on Monday to pick out our siding and shingle colors, as well as our cuboards and counters. Some of you have been asking for a picture of what our house will look like when it's done. I've posted a sketch below of the floor plan. We've extended the garage, so it will have 2 single doors instead of one large one. As well, the kitchen counter will not come out in the peninsula that it shows. Instead, the counter continues on another 2 feet toward the patio doors and there's a 1/2 hexagon shaped island in the kitchen with a small prep sink. There are a few other minor changes, but that should give most of you a general idea. Anyways.... lets get on to some pictures!
Here's that new friend I was telling you about!
And the progress on the house... It's been a week since we took this picture, so hopefully if the rain lets up we can get in there and take some more tomorrow. The first one is the back of the house and the second is the front.

And just one more....
Talk to you all soon!
Love,
Allison and Trevor
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear from you!