Hi!
Happy Birthday Grandpa Finley and Ava! I heard the sun is shining out there for you two!
We thought we'd post a few pictures of the house, since there has been some progress over the past week. We've got siding up here and there (why not the whole thing... or one wall at a time??). They were even working today on the siding! On the inside, the drywall is all up and they've plastered the entire upstairs and main floor. I was expecting just to see plaster on the seams... but they plaster the whole wall??! It looks (and feels) really nice... it's smooth like porcelain, and I bet it's a dream to paint over, and best yet, no seams to show through! Most of the subdivision is buzzing with activity, and although they talked about it all summer, they've finally put up the signs (one on each side of the road) at the entrance announcing the division. We've been running around most of the weekend, and we're looking forward to spending the rest of our day doing little to nothing! (okay.... someone will have to do dishes and laundry... but after that.... nothing!)
(the mottled look is the tree shadows! Trust me, the siding's brand-new!)
(this is from the kitchen, looking into the dining room... the two small walls will have pillars on them to the ceiling)
Wishing you all well!
Many hugs,
Allison and Trevor
Very nice! Looks like the sort of place I'll have to come and visit. (That is, if you invite me). I may even be willing to lug a few things in/around for you!
ReplyDeleteHooray for things getting done!!