My perception tells me that time is also flying. Hard to believe our littlest angel is over 8 months old already. She's growing like a weed and seems to quite enjoy her new friends at daycare. I returned to work mid-March. This little one is in a hurry in every way. Well, except in the dental department. No teeth yet! But she's decided crawling is for the birds.... she proved to us she can do it once, but now she'd prefer to slither towards something and pull herself up. Poor thing has found a whole new level of trouble now!
Her big brother is also doing very well. Austin, Mom and I just returned from a trip to Banff. It was a great time full of adventures! We toured Drumheller, Calgary Science Centre, and of course, the various sites of Banff (including a stay at the Castle!)
The adoption update: we're nearing the end. All the documents have been submitted and are sitting somewhere in Regina on a desk with the Ministry of Social Services. Once it gets signed, it goes to the court to grant the adoption order. From there we have a 30 day waiting period (as with every court decision), then we're done!! The countdown is on. And yes.... the party planning has begun ;)
I won't bore you with any more life details.... I know why you're really here. You just want pictures!
We went for a first spring bike/stroller ride at the beginning of March. This was Aubrey's first time on a slide!
Austin and grandma went on the Gondola in Banff. He's still talking about it!
We stayed at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel (the castle!). Many thanks to Uncle Ken who "amused" (read: Scared!!) us with the various local hotel ghost stories prior to our departure. But to be sure.... we had to check out room 873. Strangely enough.... it doesn't exist! The light above where the door should be still shines, and you can see where the baseboards have been cut and replaced. Perhaps the stories are true?? We failed to see the bride or the bellman that also seem to haunt the halls....I'm ok with that.
I hope this post finds you all well. I'm trying to upload some videos, but unfortunately the program isn't cooperating. Aubrey is now walking (with the aid of her activity table!!). But I guess you'll have to take my word for it!
God Bless!
Allison (&co)









"Won't bore you with any more details...." Seriously?!?!? That is why we come here...for the details!!! So happy to see you and your wonderful family! Miss you soo much XO
ReplyDelete