Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Life of Blessings

I am reminded daily how God has reached down and touched our lives in such a special way.  In the heart of the stressful moments, I remind myself that the majority of my stress comes from too many blessings at once, hardly something I can complain about.  As one of my residents would describe it: a First World Problem.  I've got two beautiful children, both so full of joy and a love for life; an amazing husband who has achieved so much personally and professionally; a career that is fulfilling and rewarding; and friends and family who love and support us through all of it.

As I type this, I'm exhausted and sitting in a chair with a smiley baby on my lap who is filling her pants in a rather exuberant fashion.  Aubrey has been good to us and developed a lovely sleep routine that leaves us with more sleep than we expected at this stage.  But nonetheless, my morning was jump started at 2:30am with a call from the hospital for a delivery.  I could complain about being tired, but when the cause behind it was to help a family bring a healthy baby into the world and be touched by God's Hands in the way we have been, I feel tired... and honored.

We have little news to share about the adoption process so far.  We are currently waiting and hoping for the final papers to be signed.  The deadline is October 15th.  Should they not be signed, we begin a full custody pursuit through the court.  As much as I'm on edge for the news, I'm excited for every day I get with her, every minute I get to love her, every new thing she discovers (which is currently a blue frog she's cooing at!)

I could go on an on about how my heart could explode with love for her and how humbled I am that God has blessed us in this way....  but perhaps I could show you instead.  Pictures are, after all, worth a thousand words.

This was minutes after we arrived at the hospital.  Austin insisted on holding her right away.  He positioned himself on the bed the minute we got in the room, grabbed a pillow for his lap and said: Give her to me.


One of many big brother duties: watching cartoons together! (He informed me a couple days ago that now that he is a REAL big brother, he only watches boring shows, but he'll still watch cartoons with Aubrey)

Even the dog stands on guard til she wakes up! (He also fully believes she could play with him if she wanted to and frequently drops toys in her car seat!)


Being the little sister comes with some sacrifice... handcuffs are the first of many I'm sure!


Smiley after we spent the morning with her birth mom and family at the park for a wiener roast.

Note the dog's ball in the tub.... he still believes she could play with him.... especially since no one else will!

Our newest discovery: toys!  She's particularly fond of the blue frog.  There's just something hilarious about him.  Maybe she'll share the story one day...



I hope this warms your heart as much as it warms mine.  We deeply appreciate all the prayers and support we've received.  As we head near the finish line, we will keep the updates coming.

Love,
Allison (and the rest of the gang!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!