Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quiet Time....

Trevor and the 'kids' are outside and for few short minutes.... I have some quiet time. It's been so long since I've heard stillness.... it's kinda nice! Our deepest appologies for taking so long at this. I'll make it up to you on this one. We've been busy since the last post. We made a whirlwind trip to Saskatoon for Trevor's brother's wedding, had surprise company (which we enjoyed to the fullest!), finished the basement (well... enough to live in anyways), and added a dog to our family. In the midst of all this, Trevor and I are still working and enjoying what we're doing. I've got my two big licensing exams this fall that I really need to study for.... maybe I should be doing that while the house is quiet??
For a quick Reader's Digest version of the above headlines:

While in Saskatoon, we took Austin to the zoo. He loved the animals (of course!)... so much so that when we got back we bough season memberships to our zoo here. Our zoo has many areas where you can enter the animal's area to have a face to face visit.... as far as Austin's concerned... it doesn't get any better than that!
After we got back from Saskatoon we got a phone call that my Aunt and Uncle were coming to town. We had such a great time with them. They were so busy seeing everything... I hope they enjoyed their trip too! I'm sure they're going to grow claws and antenae when they get home from all the lobster they ate! Trevor was pretty excited to have someone to enjoy all the seafood with!

We finally finished painting the basement and got the carpet installed. The bathroom still needs flooring and fixtures and the rest needs baseboards and casings and doors.... but for the most part it's liveable and Austin's thoroughly enjoying the space to run.... and we're loving having the rest of our house back!

On Monday we made a quick run out to look at a puppy that we fell in love with on the internet... and on Friday we took her home! She's a shih-tzu 'miniature' husky mix (we're not sure if they mean actual husky or like an american eskimo.... they got the puppies from NFLD). She's 4.8lbs of kisses and energy! It was our gift to Austin.... and it was an instant hit for both of them! They chase each other around endlessly and Austin just loves her kisses. She's at just the right height that if she jumps up (which she's not allowed to do... but still tries to get away with), she can lick his ears! Our first night with her was pretty tame... only up once to pee and no mess in the kennel the next morning. Maybe she was just too exhausted after all the excitement the day before. We're hoping that tonight is much the same!

Here's the pictures we know you were all waiting for!

Saskatoon Forestry Farm

Magnetic Hill Zoo


Have you ever seen something so ugly?


Any guesses as to what it is? I couldn't believe it.... It's a stork!
Now when I think baby-carrying stork.... I think: Whoever decided 'storks' carry babies.... had no idea how ugly they are in real life! (oh yeah... and if you look close... know what it's eating?... just a hint.... it's in the same pen as the zebra.... mmmm.... zebra pebbles....not the same mouth that's gonna be carrying my babies!!)
Hard to see.... but it's Christmas and Thanksgiving in the same cage!Aunty Wanda and her HUGE lobster... Austin's just not sure.... Add ImageAt Shediac beach...Tough wagon ride....

And the puppy.... Sasha! We're sure on our toes now.... Between her and Austin we're amazed at how many ways there are to get into trouble in one day!





Hope this finds you all well and enjoying life wherever you are as much as we are where we are!
Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!