Monday, August 31, 2009

It's been awhile....

Life's been hectic! We were so glad to have so many visitors in this summer, and very sad to see the last of them go. With Trent and Jane leaving it meant I was returning to work. Austin took very well to day care. He loves it there and they definitely love having him. They get a kick out of all the smiles he has. I guess we've just gotten used to it! We are certainly lucky to have been blessed with such a happy little guy. His smiles make our days. It's going to be an adjustment for all of us as I learn to balance motherhood and residency. I'm hoping I will learn fast! It's been an easy-ish start and things are coming back quickly. Austin certainly continues to grow. 2 weeks ago he was 18lb 14 oz. I have no doubt he's pushing 20 lb by now. Here's some pictures of the last couple months to get you caught up! Helping wrap dad's birthday present....


Busted!

The two boys working on the rug! Thanks guys!


Mmmm... sweet potatoes!

It's been a long summer of yard work (and rain!) but we're happy to report that we finally have grass! Well... kinda have grass. We've got quite a few bare spots and weeds, but we can see the potential! Trevor tried to mow a couple weekends ago, but tropical storm Danny had other plans. Trent and Jane, it was too bad you didn't get to see this one! WAY more impressive than Hurricane Bill! We did get it mowed this past weekend though and it looks like it's going to need mowing again! We also have our patio finished... walkway and all. All this yardwork didn't come without a price though.... (That's Trevor's arm... just in case you didn't recognize it!) The splint came off the next morning, it was just put on as a percaution to ensure it wasn't broken.... and it wasn't.... just really sore and impressively swollen!

While Mom and Dad A were out we got the chance to visit the Hopewell Rocks. We were unsure how to get Austin around since there are 99 stairs to get up and down. We decided to carry him for the day, but in case we were to come back another time, I thought I'd ask the attendent if there was a way to get a stroller down to the rocks. She so helpfully told us that we could push it. Thanks. We unfortunately didn't return anyways.


Having fun with Uncle Trent!


We took advantage of having family out and had Austin dedicated while Trent and Jane were here.


It's hard to believe that the first half of Austin's first year is already over. In celebration (mourning?!) I made a cake. It also served as a "Yay, we're done the yard" and "Happy birthday Trevor and Trent" cake. We tried to get Austin to pose beside it, but he decided to dig in instead! Our little chocolate monster!

My appologies for getting so far behind. Unfortunately, now that I'm back to work our blog posts will be fewer and farther between. Perhaps now that I'm not so far behind, they won't take me as long to do! We look forward to hearing from all of you. Please keep in touch, either by leaving comments here(click the little comments hyperlink at the bottom of the post), email, or skype. It makes the miles seem shorter.

Here's a couple videos to end off with. Hope you enjoy!
(sorry, the camera died at the end of the first video! and in the second one, he's wearing the clothes Mom and Dad A brought him... 18months isn't as big as it looked!)

Love and miss you all.
Allison, Trevor, and Master Austin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!