Monday, April 20, 2009

Bittersweet

Hello!

We're back in Moncton after a wonderful whirlwind through Saskatoon. It was such a blessing to spend time with our families and share our bundle of joy. But this trip was quite possibly the most difficult to say goodbye. Partly because it's not just us, but saying goodbye for Austin as well. And partly because we don't know when we'll be able to get back again. It's always the hardest for me to say goodbye to the little ones. They seem to grow by leaps and bounds and it's so easy to miss so much. We're really looking forward to all the webcam time we can get to make it easier to be out here. We promise to keep this blog as updated with photos as we can, and if I can get it together, possibly even some video.

Today we celebrate Austin's 2 month birthday. We'll probably celebrate it sleeping... As well as Austin travels it seemed to really upset his schedule and combined with a really sore tummy (Austin's), neither Trevor nor I got much for sleep last night. I'm really hoping for a good night tonight. Austin gets his first round of needles tomorrow morning, so that may be a rough night as well.

Since it's been so long, I've got quite a few pictures to post to here. I try really hard to not post pictures of anyone but us to respect everyone's privacy. My apologies if you recongnize yourself in a photo but I cropped you out. I did it to respect your privacy, not because we didn't want you on our blog! We thank everyone for sharing their photos with us over the holidays. We certainly cherish them and will be looking at them often. We were really grateful to get the chance to see so many people while we were in town, especially to meet our new nephew, and for the opportunity for us to both get 4 generation pictures.

Austin and I went to watch Trevor's hockey game before our trip back. I'm glad to have gotten this picture. Turns out Trevor's hockey team lost out of the semi-finals while we were away, so this was the last one of the season for him. (This picture is also a testament to the fact that baby socks shed... I never know where I'll find them!)

Our little cuddle bug. He was so adorable and awake one morning, so we cuddled into a fleece blanket with a teddy bear and took some pictures!


Austin's first Easter! The eggs were empty this year... maybe the Easter bunny will bring Cheerios next year?


We recieved this as a gift just before we left for Saskatoon. It's so beautiful I just had to share it with you all. Thanks Leah for letting me post this!




The morning before our plane was to take off we found this critter in our back yard. I wish I could have gotten a picture with the tail up... I'm sure I'll get plenty of chances, our subdivision is full of pheasants!



Austin certainly got plenty of cuddle time while we were visiting... and he was loving every minute of it!





More attention... and more loving it! This time he even knew the camera was working!




Thanks Aunty and Uncle for getting a good picture of the three of us! 2 months and we didn't really have one to be proud of yet!



He loves his bathtime... and the camera... put them together...?!



While we were in Saskatoon, he really took a liking to his fist.... occasionally he even got lucky and found the thumb!



Austin and his 2 uncles! Uncle Mickey really didn't know what to think of Austin!




On the plane ride back, he was so exhausted!

Thanks for looking! And for sharing in these memories. Austin's finally sleeping and I took advantage to post this... now I'm going to go for a nap too! Supper can wait...

Talk to you all soon! Miss you already!

Love,
Allison, Trevor and Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!